Help support the vision of Woodland Hills Community Church!

Help support the vision of Woodland Hills Community Church!
For those of you who would like to support the vision & ministry of Woodland Hills Community Church (the faith community I serve that continues to encourage me to minister outside the box), please click on the link just above.

Wednesday, November 28

Today’ Lectionary Readings: Psalm 18:1-50; Nahum 1:1-3; Matthew 24:1-14; Revelation 1:4-11

There are so many aspects of ourselves that can be our defining piece. For some, for instance, the defining piece is our family. For others, it might be an affiliation with a political party or social cause. For still others, it might be an allegiance to a sports team. This morning’s reading from Revelation reminds us of a piece that ought to be a bedrock piece of us. Revelation 1:8 in the NIV reads: “’I am the Alpha and the Omega,’ says the Lord God, ‘who is, who was, and who is to come, the Almighty.’” In that passage, we are reminded of the foundational nature of God. The question to consider is, “Is God the foundational – or defining piece in my life? Is God my Alpha and Omega – my beginning and end – or is God something I turn to after exhausting my other resources first?” As we head into the first Sunday of Advent this Sunday, may we once again use the anticipated coming of the Christ child to ground us in the One who is, who was, and is to come. Til next time…

No comments: