Help support the vision of Woodland Hills Community Church!

Help support the vision of Woodland Hills Community Church!
For those of you who would like to support the vision & ministry of Woodland Hills Community Church (the faith community I serve that continues to encourage me to minister outside the box), please click on the link just above.

Monday, August 17

Today’s Readings: Psalm 90; 2 Samuel 19:24-43; Mark 11:1-11; Acts 27:21-26; Psalm 118

The past several weeks have been extremely intense weeks for me. I’ve been working feverishly to tie loose ends up in my life and ministry here in Aurora, CO. I’ve also been laying some groundwork for my future ministry in Woodland Hills, CA. In between time, Mike and I have been working tirelessly to get our home on the market here in Colorado and finalize the details of our housing in California. I have never been spread so thin before in my life. At times, I have felt at – or very near – my breaking point as I’ve been pulled in so many directions. It seems as if virtually every aspect of our lives is up in the air. So how do I manage living with the stress day after day? In a variety of ways. One of the most helpful is through simple words of assurance contained in the sacred writings of our faith. As we prepare to leave our beloved home in Colorado behind, it’s good to hear the psalmist remind me where home really is. “God, it seems you’ve been our home forever…” (Psalm 90:1 from The Message). And when I start to feel overwhelmed by all of the changes happening in my life, I draw strength from the permanency of God’s presence. “Long before the mountains were born, long before you brought earth itself to birth, from ‘once upon a time’ to ‘kingdom come’ – you are God…” (Psalm 90:2 from The Message). Those words from today’s first Psalm calm me and ground me in a way that few other resources do. You may not be moving across the country in two weeks, but perhaps you are living through a time of change or transition in your own life. If so, I would encourage you to hold on to the words of the psalmist. They’ll bring you a sense of assurance and security that you would be hard-pressed to find elsewhere. Til next time…

No comments: