Help support the vision of Woodland Hills Community Church!

Help support the vision of Woodland Hills Community Church!
For those of you who would like to support the vision & ministry of Woodland Hills Community Church (the faith community I serve that continues to encourage me to minister outside the box), please click on the link just above.

Tuesday, October 13

Today’s Readings; Job 28:12-29; Revelation 8:1-5; Psalm 39

Last night around 6:00 PM I lost my Internet connection. I figured there might have been a problem with my Internet provider so I decided to wait and see if it would come on the next day (that would be today).

By the time I finally got home this afternoon after a full morning, I realized my Internet was still out. After getting a little technical support long distance from Colorado via my partner Mike, I finally got my Internet service restored – hence, the lateness of today’s post.

So why am I bothering to tell you about this?

It’s because I learned a couple valuable lessons. First, I learned about what I have come to depend as my primary source of information. The vast majority of my information comes via the Internet. While that is generally a good thing in terms of the bready of information the Internet can provide, I also realized how dangerous it can be if you are overly dependent upon just one product.

Second, I learned about the limitations of human-made products. Human-made products like the Internet can provide you with information, but they can never provide you with wisdom. Wisdom is something that transcends our finite conditions. The author of today’s passage from Job pointed this out: “[Wisdom] can’t be found by looking, no matter how deep you dig, no matter how high you fly… God alone knows the way to Wisdom” (Job 28:21 & 23 from The Message).

My question for your consideration today is this: where do you think wisdom derives? Til next time…

No comments: