Help support the vision of Woodland Hills Community Church!

Help support the vision of Woodland Hills Community Church!
For those of you who would like to support the vision & ministry of Woodland Hills Community Church (the faith community I serve that continues to encourage me to minister outside the box), please click on the link just above.

Wednesday, February 3

What I’m Reading Today: Mark 2-3

I’ve been walking on clouds the last two days since my installation service. I suppose that’s because the service was a wonderful opportunity to step back and realize the power of relationships that develop within a faith community. In today’s culminating words from Mark 3, for instance, Jesus has a chance to redefine people’s perception of family when he says, “Who do you think are my mother and brothers?.. The person who obeys God’s will is my brother and sister and mother.” Sunday, I realized just how true that is. So today – in honor of my family at Woodland Hills (and in remembrance of my other family members in both Washington State and Colorado) – I share one of my new favorite videos from (yes, you got it) Glee that captures the essence of our relationship (at least from my perspective). The song title may not use the most pastoral language, but the chorus says it all: “Cause we belong together now, yeah; forever united here somehow, yeah; you got a piece of me and honestly – my life would suck without you.” I can’t help but giggle every time I hear the second verse too: “I know that I’ve got issues; but you’re pretty messed up too.” I guess that’s the foundation for mutual ministry :) Thanks everyone for making these places God has called me feel like … well … home... Til next time...

No comments: