Help support the vision of Woodland Hills Community Church!

Help support the vision of Woodland Hills Community Church!
For those of you who would like to support the vision & ministry of Woodland Hills Community Church (the faith community I serve that continues to encourage me to minister outside the box), please click on the link just above.

Tuesday, October 16

Today’s Lectionary Readings: Psalm 92 & 99; Micah 7:8-20; Luke 18:9-14; Romans 6:20-23

Once again, one of today’s scriptures reminded me of an experience I had just two days ago within the church I serve. The scriptural passage was Psalm 92:14. In speaking of the righteous, the verse said: “In old age they still produce fruit; they are always green and full of sap” (NRSV). The verse reminded me immediately of Harry – a 97 year old member of our church who this past Sunday brought with him a copy of the first book he had published recently. He shared with us that he will be finishing his second book shortly and already has plans underway for his third! Harry has taught me well what it means for a person of faith to remain “green and full of sap”. So today I give thanks for Harry and all those spiritual ancestors who have gone before me who have taught me what it means to age not just graciously but faithfully as well. May God strengthen you and I so that we may become a faithful model for those who will come behind us. Til next time…

No comments: