Help support the vision of Woodland Hills Community Church!

Help support the vision of Woodland Hills Community Church!
For those of you who would like to support the vision & ministry of Woodland Hills Community Church (the faith community I serve that continues to encourage me to minister outside the box), please click on the link just above.

Wednesday, February 27

Today’s Lectionary Readings: Psalm 119:105-152; Ezekiel 33:1-11; John 6:52-59; 2 Corinthians 3:1-18
Nothing has helped me understand the sentiments expressed in many of the Epistles better than the experience of serving as the pastor of a local church. When Paul, for instance, wrote of the strength and encouragement he received from his fellow believers, I know just what he meant for I too have been greatly strengthened and encouraged by the examples of those with whom I minister. This happens because of the remarkable faith I see first hand as I have walked with my parishioners through the many, many, many challenges life has thrown in their way. You can’t help but be encouraged when you experience that kind of faith. This sentiment is picked up on once again in today’s passage when the author of today’s passage writes: “Neither do we need letter of endorsement, either to you or from you. You yourselves are all the endorsement we need” (2 Corinthians 3:2 – The Message). The part that really captured my attention, however, was the very next verse. This verse read: “Your very lives are a letter than anyone can ready by just looking at you.” This got me to wondering: what does your letter – your life – say about you? I would encourage you to sit with that question and see what answer emerges. Then give thanks for the One whose mercy, love, and grace has produced such a beautiful letter. Til next time…

No comments: