Help support the vision of Woodland Hills Community Church!

Help support the vision of Woodland Hills Community Church!
For those of you who would like to support the vision & ministry of Woodland Hills Community Church (the faith community I serve that continues to encourage me to minister outside the box), please click on the link just above.

Monday, September 14

Today’s Readings Proverbs 22:1-21; Romans 3:9-20; Psalm 73:21-28

The past three months have been some of the richest moments of my spiritual life – for I’ve had to completely let go of my control issues and open myself in powerful new ways to the experience of being lead by the spirit. If you would have told me four months ago that I would leave a congregation I loved more than I thought humanly possible, sell the first home I had ever owned, move 1,000 across the country, and move into one of the more expensive areas of the country to live in; I probably would have laughed aloud. I wouldn’t have thought I had it in me to make so many changes. As I let go of my need to control, however, things in my life started to fall into place. I began to realize my love for my previous congregation was so deep that I was at a place where I could let go and encourage them to move on to the next stage of their development without me. Then a talented realtor came into our lives that helped us do the unthinkable – sell our townhome within a month in this wretched economy. The dreaded 1,000 mile move itself was transformed into a wonderful “vacation” that brought much needed rest and renewal into Mike and my life. And finally we found a kind-hearted landlord who worked with us to make our first months renting a home in our new community affordable. One by one, the pieces of the puzzle fell into place. As I watched each piece fall into place, a part of me lifted up the sentiments contained in today’s psalm: “I’m still in your presence, but you’ve taken my hand. You wisely and tenderly lead me, and then you bless me” (Psalm 73:23-24 from The Message). What an amazing experience this has been! I’m sure that you have had similar moments in your life – moments when you let go of your need to control and had the sensation of being led by your hand. Today, I invite you to spend time remembering that sacred experience. If you do so, those loving memories that come flooding back will make it easier for you to let go the next time you face a difficult period in your life. Til next time…

No comments: