Help support the vision of Woodland Hills Community Church!

Help support the vision of Woodland Hills Community Church!
For those of you who would like to support the vision & ministry of Woodland Hills Community Church (the faith community I serve that continues to encourage me to minister outside the box), please click on the link just above.

Thursday, September 17

Today’s Readings: Proverbs 30:1-10; 1 Corinthians 2:1-5; Psalm 1

Today’s section from Proverbs contains what I feel is one of the most provocative concepts known to humanity. That concept has to do with the word “enough”. In Proverbs 30:8-9, the author pleads: “Give me enough food to live on, neither too much nor too little. If I’m too full,” the author notes, “ I might get independent, saying, ‘God? Who needs God?’ If I’m poor, I might steal and dishonor the name of my God” (from The Message). So what’s so provocative about the word “enough”? Well, for me I have a difficult time determining what enough for me is. Whenever I get a little money in my pocket, for instance, I immediately begin focusing on those things I don’t have but would like to acquire. Whenever I get a little food on the table, I’m immediately drawn to those items that I would like on my table but are not there. Whenever I get a little free time, I begin lamenting the fact that I don’t have more. It is very difficult for me to arrive at the place where I ever feel I have enough. So what about you? Are you able to feel that you have enough in life, or do you find yourself seduced by the notion of wanting more? Til next time…

No comments: