Help support the vision of Woodland Hills Community Church!

Help support the vision of Woodland Hills Community Church!
For those of you who would like to support the vision & ministry of Woodland Hills Community Church (the faith community I serve that continues to encourage me to minister outside the box), please click on the link just above.

Friday, October 23

Today’s Readings: Psalm 88; Ezra 3:1-13; 1 Corinthians 16:10-24

In a few months I’ll be blessed to participate in a service of installation that will officially mark the beginning of my pastorate at Woodland Hills Community Church. There are many aspects of the service that are dictated both by our Book of Worship and our tradition as members of The United Church of Christ.

Within the service, however, there are opportunities to include pieces that identify my own particular understand/experience of my call. There is one piece of music in particular that I hope to include that captures the essence of my call (as well as a portion from today’s reading from 1 Corinthians). It is a piece of music that was included in my ordination service as well.

As Paul prepared to end his letter to the Corinthians, he wrote: “ Keep your eyes open, hold tight to your convictions, give it all you’ve got, be resolute, and love without stopping” (1 Corinthians 16:13-14 from The Message). The end of that passage – “love without stopping” – captures the essence of my ministry. Today, I thought I would share that song with you. The Song is titled Psalm 151. This version of the song appeared at the end of an episode of Touched By An Angel: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eWYn2k4IaPY (you may need to copy and paste this location in your window above). I hope the song gives you another way of experiencing Paul’s words. Til next time…

No comments: