Help support the vision of Woodland Hills Community Church!

Help support the vision of Woodland Hills Community Church!
For those of you who would like to support the vision & ministry of Woodland Hills Community Church (the faith community I serve that continues to encourage me to minister outside the box), please click on the link just above.

Sunday, October 25

Today’s Reading: Mark 10:46-52

Rather than post the full text of my sermon’s on Sunday, I’ll just highlight the theme I raised in the sermon. That’s because my sermons don’t really fit the concept of the blog as they were meant for a different medium.

In exploring today’s passage, there was one piece of the text that jumped out at me. That piece had to do with Jesus’ response to Bartimaeus’ request for mercy. In hearing the request, Jesus asked, “What can I do for you?”

I find that question fascinating. That’s because from first glance at the text, Bartimaeus’ need was obvious (i.e. the restoration of his sight).

So why would Jesus ask that rather obvious question?

I believe it’s because of the way Jesus engaged those in need. He didn’t make assumptions or try to foist healing on someone. He waited until the person was ready.

Today, I would ask you to search your heart and see if perhaps there is a pain you are carrying. If so, listen for Jesus’ haunting question: “What can I do for you?” and ask yourself this question: “Have I reached the point in my life where I am ready for that healing to occur?” Til next time…

No comments: